Welcome to 2024! I am excited about what God has planned for this ministry over the next twelve months! And I am excited at what God has planned for you, too! To help you confidently launch into the New Year, consider committing thirty days to these three Biblical insights to create a firm foundation for 2024.
- Trust in God’s plan for your life. As you enter the new year, remember that God has a plan for your life and is in control. Trust in Him and lean on Him for guidance and direction. So, how can you and I get better at trusting Him?
- Pause for at least 15 minutes daily in prayer and meditation. One way to trust God’s plan for your life is to ask God to reveal His plan and purpose. Take time to listen to His voice and follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Begin to look for His guidance in your life: Sometimes, God’s plan for our lives is revealed through the people and circumstances around us. Look for signs of His guidance in your relationships, work, and daily life. Be open and receptive to His leading, even if it may not be what you had planned or expected. Trust that He knows what is best for you and that His plan will ultimately lead you to fulfillment and purpose.
Seek first the kingdom of God: In Matthew 6:33, Jesus says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” As you plan and set goals for the new year, remember this verse and prioritize your relationship with God above all else. This verse has been my “life verse” since I was a teenager; I am so thankful my mom pointed me to it as a young man.
In this passage, Jesus reminds us of the futility of worry. And to focus on His truths. It’s so easy to let the worries of life‚ and the future overwhelm us to the point of inaction. When we seek God’s kingdom first and his righteousness, we can trust that he will provide everything we need for our lives. The keyword here is first. Putting Him first allows us to trust God’s provision and prioritize our relationship with him above all else. So, reflect and pray in Matthew 6 at the start of this new year.
Let go of the past and press on.
In Philippians 3:13-14, the apostle Paul writes, “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” As we enter the new year, give Christ past hurts or mistakes. Take some time now, and prayerfully ask Jesus to take these from you. And focus on moving forward with purpose and determination.
In this verse, Paul encourages believers to forget what lies behind them and press forward to the goal of knowing Christ. He emphasizes the importance of leaving the past in the past and focusing on the present and future. By acknowledging that he has not yet reached perfection and still has work to do to attain his heavenly calling, Paul stresses the need for humility and perseverance in the Christian walk. Overall, the passage reminds us to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and to never give up on our pursuit of knowing and serving Him.
Don’t just gloss over these three methods; spend at least fifteen minutes daily on them. Trust, Seek, and Let Go for the next thirty days, and 2024 can be one of your best years ever.
Here’s to an excellent, God-centered 2024!
Sharing His Wonder,
- APPS for your smartphone:
- The Pause App
- The Dwell App
- Your Best Year Ever, by Michael Hyatt
- See You At The Top, by Zig Ziglar
- Live No Lies: Recognize and Resist the Three Enemies That Sabotage Your Peace, by John Mark Comer